RE: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: New Dynamo hubs from supernova

  • Alex Wetmore
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 24, 2011
      The cheap Alfine hubs that have been available during the last 6 months were due to a major sale on them from Shimano (they were selling them direct to shops including a headlight at a very low price). I don't think that pricing is really the one to compare with since once those are out of the market place you won't be able to find nice hubs at that pricing again.

      The SuperNova hub with the mechanism to disengage the dyno sounds like the same hub that Velo-Orange has started selling in the US. I'm not a fan of the idea (adding mechanical complexity when the resistance is already very low seems like a bad idea), but I have no experience with the hubs themselves.

      alex