Re: An appeal to the brain trust

  • Mike Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2011
      torque is torque.

      I believe peak tourque is higher on an upright than on a recumbent because you can stand on an upright - but I could be wrong and would like to see data.

      10 percent may not be a big deal.

      The issue should be the gear ratio, not the one sprocket size.

      Torque also depends on the rider, something the minimum gear ratio specs don't mention. Gibby Hatton (or whoever the modern sprint champions are) driving a minimum-permissible-gear bike would probably break a lot of stuff.

      Can you change the ratio between the intermediate and the final such that the intermediate spins faster thus with lower torque?