Rohloff Chainring/sprocket question

  • ttostrander
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2011
      Hi guys,
      I'm preparing a new build with a Rohloff and have a question. I currently run 42/16 which is a 2.63 ratio. My question is if you keep the exact ratio, is there any reason to scale up or down the chainring and sprocket sizes? I don't plan to violate the minimum ratio of 2.35 suggested by Rohloff.
      Thanks for your input,
      Thorsten
    • Rich W
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2011