More on SRAM's move out of Germany & old and new IGH models

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2011
      Production of the venerable T3, P5 and S7 hubs is scheduled to end as SRAM exits Fichtel&Sachs' Schweinfurt location after 109 years of IGH production.

      Here:

      <http://www.bike-eu.com/news/4712/sram-stops-hub-gear-production-in-schweinfurt-by-june-2013.html>

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/3lgv4fo

      I'm sure SRAM has talked to the OEMs about their new design 5- and 7-speed models, but I haven't seen any public announcement about them.

      Hmm. There are an awfully lot of these hubs in the world and I expect spare parts to be available (in the world , if not the USA) for a long time to come, but it probably wouldn't hurt to get a spare Location Sleeve, Shift Rod and Shift Tube for my S7.