Re: Alfine service

  • palatine_ej
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2011
      > The ISO220 oil is a heavy gear oil, but the reason i used it was i thought it might stay put longer inside the hub, but today a little bit had leaked out the non drive side and contaminated the brake disc and pads. The bike was lying on its non drive side in my car for a couple of hours, so i think i'll have to store it on the drive side from now on

      Hmm, I use much thinner Mobil 1 ATF, I've had a little weapage because I didn't let the internals drain enough (ended after a couple hundred miles) but never had a bad leak like you describe. I can't imagine how such a thick lube would get past the seals unless something went wrong when you re-assembled the hub. But then I wouldn't expect it to be shifting correctly or have correct bearing adjustment.