RE: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: S2C build, first ride.

  • Paulos, Richard G
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30 9:37 AM
      Most coaster brake hubs have a 'neutral' point. Between pedaling forward where the driver engages and pedaling backwards when the brake engages. (that's the coast spot) Once there, you can spin the wheel either way. Give the cog/driver a twist and you should be able to find that point.

      Depending on the hub, you could temporarily remove the brake shoes during spoking & truing, replace hub guts when done.

      Since rim brakes aren't typically used with coaster brakes, the wheel doesn't have to be perfect.

      Rick