Re:Happy New Year!

  • Michael Reid
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2011
      Thanks so much, Rich for providing the venue for all of us wacky IGH fans, and for your steady flow of information, support and interesting topics for discussion.

      All the best to you and your family!
      Warmly,

      Michael
    • ama3655@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2011
        Happy new year to all the Internal Gearheads out there.

        New year - time to change oil in the Rohloff. Yipee!

        FatRob
      • wahooncx@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2011
          Only change oil once a year? I change mine once a month as it gently drips out of my 40 year old AW hub. But with 30,000+ miles of trouble free service and no overhaul...

          I wish you a brave New Year, let all pain and anguish leave your heart, and let your road be clear.

          Aaron

          From: ama3655@...
          Sender: Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 08:51:49 -0500 (EST)
          To: <Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [Geared_hub_bikes] Happy New Year!

          Happy new year to all the Internal Gearheads out there.

          New year - time to change oil in the Rohloff. Yipee!

          FatRob
        • Rich W
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
            Aaron;

            Hub? I was under the impression that you have enough AWs to start a breeding program, if you have not done so already ;-)

            Of course SA hubs leak oil, they are British in origin. I remember seeing oil drip catch pans under brand new British motorcycles on dealers showroom floors years ago! Only the bikes not yet serviced, with no oil in them, did not have catch pans.

            Rich Wood

            --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, wahooncx@... wrote:

            > Only change oil once a year? I change mine once a month as it gently drips out of my 40 year old AW hub. But with 30,000+ miles of trouble free service and no overhaul...
            >
            > I wish you a brave New Year, let all pain and anguish leave your heart, and let your road be clear.
            >
            > Aaron

          • Rick Paulos
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
              My MG-B and Austins had "British Rustproofing". AKA, constant oil
              leaks all over. I started using Mobil 1 graphite engine oil. Boy
              did that leave stains everywhere I parked. Yeah, one time the oil
              line fitting to the back of the pressure gauge on the dash started
              leaking hot Mobil 1 on my white trousers on a way to a wedding.

              Rick (iowa)

              fyi, the Cronometro swap meet is this saturday in Madison
              Wisconsin. Who else is going?

              My shopping list:
              double rail seat post clamp for a brooks.
              possibly anything else.

              At 03:56 PM 1/3/2011, you wrote:
              >Aaron;
              >
              >Hub? I was under the impression that you have enough AWs to start a
              >breeding program, if you have not done so already ;-)
              >
              >Of course SA hubs leak oil, they are British in origin. I remember
              >seeing oil drip catch pans under brand new British motorcycles on
              >dealers showroom floors years ago! Only the bikes not yet serviced,
              >with no oil in them, did not have catch pans.
              >
              >Rich Wood
              >
              >--- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, wahooncx@... wrote:
              > >
              > > Only change oil once a year? I change mine once a month as it
              > gently drips out of my 40 year old AW hub. But with 30,000+ miles
              > of trouble free service and no overhaul...
              > >
              > > I wish you a brave New Year, let all pain and anguish leave your
              > heart, and let your road be clear.
              > >
              > > Aaron

            • Mike Bullis
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011

                fyi, the Cronometro swap meet is this saturday in Madison
                Wisconsin. Who else is going?

                Me.

                Shopping list is whatever shiny thing keeps my attention

                Mike.

                _,_._,___