Re: Alfine 11 Availability

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010
      Here in the USA the Nexus hubs have been sold as kits, usually with everything but the shifter included. My Nexus 7 came that way but the kit seems to have been made up by QBP, the distributor, rather than Shimano. The box it came in was definitely not Shimano.

      Harris has historically been a dealer who has made up their own Alfine kits, again with almost everything except the shifter in the kit. Based on the photo it looks like the Alfine 11 setup Harris is selling may include everything including the shifter. A good move IMO considering that there is only one shifter available so far.

      Rich Wood

      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Jack Vincent <2wheelednut@...> wrote:

      > It is all separate. Hub, component kit etc. Just like Nexus and Alfine 8 that were nit set up as kits by Shimano.
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Nov 3, 2010, at 5:26 PM, "Tom" <prester_john_in_cathay@...> wrote:
      >
      > > > The Shimano guys at Expocycle in Montreal
      > > > told me the 11 speed will be shipped from
      > > > Shimano with the installation parts.
      > >
      > > 'Spose it comes with the disc brake rotor, as pictured in Rich's link?

    • Dan Burkhart
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
        I used to own a bike shop, and dealt directly with Shimano for most gearhub orders, although I did sometimes order through other distributors. Hubs shipped from Shimano did not include the mounting kit,cassette joint or cog,and neither did hubs shipped from my other primary supplier.
        There was one supplier I used that shipped them complete, but they stocked only limmited models.
        As I mentioned previously, Shimano told me the 11 speed will be shipped with all mounting parts, not including cog or shifter.