RE: [Geared_hub_bikes] carver EBB in a cannondale frame

  • Alex Wetmore
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4 8:35 AM
      What problem are you having with the Cannondale EBB? I haven't owned a Cannondale tandem is about 10 years, but always had good luck with their EBB design. There are just some tricks for learning how to get it not to stick when you do want to adjust it.

      alex
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5 12:01 PM
        I had the bottom bracket out for greasing in the spring during the big annual service , but went to adjust it a few days ago and couldn't move it

        theres an M5 socket head bolt that goes through the right side wedge and threads into the left wedge. The head of the bolt is retained in the right side wedge with a washer and circlip, so as comes out of the left wedge it pushes on the right side retention and forces the wedges apart. As i tried to slacken the other day , the washer and circlip buckled out of the hole right side wedge , so i had to give the head of the bolt a tap to losen the left wedge , but i have nothing for the right wedge to react against to slacken it.

        ive seen a soloution on another forum , run a M6 tap through the right side wedge , then insert an M5 bolt through the left wedge and then an M6 in from the right and jack them agaisnt each other

        i'm not sure how long a set of M6 theads would last in the alloy , so looking at options and noticed the carver EBB insert seemes like the best design for the cannondale shell