Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: Two Sturmeys in drive train?

  • Alan Lloyd
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2009
      > --- On Mon, 1/5/09, Tim Hayden <timothy_hayden@...> wrote:
      > If both sprockets on hub driver then hub is just an idler pulley.

      Of course, what was I (not) thinking!

       - Alan

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2009
        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "sam lingo"
        <frameteam2003@...> wrote:

        > I saw this done on a Columbia cruzer.They took a small fork ,bent the
        > legs out to hold the S/A hub and bolted it to the down tube.Bolted a
        > cog to the S/A flange--run a chain from the cranks to the regular cog
        > on the hub and another chain from the cog on the flange to the rear
        > hub.I bet it was a bear to ride.

        http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1046400259038989261pgVEGg

        It was a bear to ride. I never went far. It was given to me by a friend
        who built it 25-30 years ago just to see if he could do it.

        Robert
      • prester_john_in_cathay
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2009
          > The