Sturmey Archer Licensees and Foreign Production

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2008
      Per an older item I ran across on the web apparently Steyr of Austria
      made an AW clone or licensed copy for some period after WWII. Some
      are reported to be stamped "Schwinn Approved" and were used by
      Schwinn. Stamped Austria on the hub shell. One reported as on a 1961
      Schwinn Corvette. One poster stated parts are interchangeable with
      the SA AW hub.

      BSA's bicycle division made Sturmey Archer designed hubs for a long
      period of time under license.

      Sturmey Archer also had a manufacturing facility in Holland at one
      time. No idea if markings on the Dutch made hubs were different than
      on the English ones. Also no idea if it was an assembly only
      operation or a full manufacturing plant.