Re: Installed Rohloff Photos

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2008
      When I noted that the Civia Hykand uses the external shuft mechanism
      version of the Rohloff hub like the bike in one of the photos I also
      should have noted that it is also fitted with the Rohloff disc brake
      mount option and Rohloff brake disc. The bike has hydraulic disc
      brakes fitted front and rear. I will try to take some photos in the
      next few days of all my gear hub bikes and upload them.

      All members are encouraged to upload your own photos too.

      Rich Wood

      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Wood"
      <astronut1001@...> wrote:

      > I have posted two photos of Rohloff hubs installed in A.N.T. Bikes
      per
      > a member's request. They are in the files area in the folder
      Rohloff.

      > Here is a link to the A.N.T. web site for those interested. Lots
      more
      > photos there.
      >
      > http://www.antbikemike.com/rohloff.html
      >
      > One of the hubs has the external shifting mechanism option while
      the
      > other has an internal shifter. The external one weighs more but
      uses
      > full length cable housings so the shifting is less subject to dirt
      and
      > water contamination of the cables. It also allows easier rear
      wheel
      > removal. This is the version on my Civia Hyland.
      >
      > Both are quick release versions. Rohloff also offers solid axle
      with
      > nut mounting versions. So far as I know Rohloff is the only gear
      hub
      > maker who does offer quick release gear hubs currently. They use a
      > normal quick release skewer.
      >
      > A few of the close ratio Sturmey Archer hubs such as the very rare
      ASC
      > fixed gear hub came with large wing nuts for quick removal of the
      rear
      > wheel without tools per an old SA advertisement I have seen
      reproduced
      > on the web. Here is a link to a photo of one. Scroll down to the
      AR