Installed Rohloff Photos

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2008
      I have posted two photos of Rohloff hubs installed in A.N.T. Bikes per
      a member's request. They are in the files area in the folder Rohloff.

      Here is a link to the A.N.T. web site for those interested. Lots more
      photos there.

      http://www.antbikemike.com/rohloff.html

      One of the hubs has the external shifting mechanism option while the
      other has an internal shifter. The external one weighs more but uses
      full length cable housings so the shifting is less subject to dirt and
      water contamination of the cables. It also allows easier rear wheel
      removal. This is the version on my Civia Hyland.

      Both are quick release versions. Rohloff also offers solid axle with
      nut mounting versions. So far as I know Rohloff is the only gear hub
      maker who does offer quick release gear hubs currently. They use a
      normal quick release skewer.

      A few of the close ratio Sturmey Archer hubs such as the very rare ASC
      fixed gear hub came with large wing nuts for quick removal of the rear
      wheel without tools per an old SA advertisement I have seen reproduced
      on the web. Here is a link to a photo of one. Scroll down to the AR
      type hub information.

      http://sheldonbrown.com/sturmey-archer.html

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2008
        When I noted that the Civia Hykand uses the external shuft mechanism
        version of the Rohloff hub like the bike in one of the photos I also
        should have noted that it is also fitted with the Rohloff disc brake
        mount option and Rohloff brake disc. The bike has hydraulic disc
        brakes fitted front and rear. I will try to take some photos in the
        next few days of all my gear hub bikes and upload them.

        All members are encouraged to upload your own photos too.

        Rich Wood

        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Wood"