Re: Aaron's bike shop, SRAM support, and the end of the Imotion 9

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2010
      I wonder if they will move IGH production to the far east or abandon it entirely. Per what I have read when SRAM bought Sachs they had to agree to keep IGH production in Germany. Presumably there was a time limit set that has now expired.

      Seems like a dumb move to me as IGH popularity is increasing in the USA based on the number of bikes available with it. SRAM, and prior to that Sachs, fought for years to get manufacturers to start specifying and fitting their components to road and MTB bikes. To give up the IGH segment of the market to Shimano makes no sense to me. Sachs/SRAM IGH production dates back to 1904 I have read and I would hate to see them abandon it.

      Rich Wood