Frame Fractures

  • Michael Reid
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      That orange bike with the rolhoff is gorgeous.

      To add to what you said regarding the longer torque arm, not only does the longer arm connect at a stronger (larger cross-section) location, the force is also lower due to the longer arm.

      I do believe the disc brake frame reinforcement largely mitigates the frame breakage risk in that vicinity.  I wouldn't consider a disc-specific frame to be properly designed if it didn't accommodate for the added stresses.

      Warm regards,
      Michael