Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: cuckoo for carbon belt

  • John Werner
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 3, 2010
      There are 4 different belt lengths for bikes.  http://www.carbondrivesystems.com/forbikemakers.php?lang=us  You can buy them from dealers that sell bikes with belt drives. I know Trek dealers can order them.

      John Werner

      Maryville, IL

      Easy Racers GRR, RANS Zenetik,  Sun EZ-Tandem, Trek Soho

      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 4, 2010
        Rich, That is why I jumped at it when I noticed the listing. It was a "buy it now", so I knew it would not last long. It was $629.99 and there was $55 shipping. A new 2010 costs $1,149.99 and then you would have around 7% tax which would bring it to around $1230. I figured the components were worth the $685 I spent on it and I was getting the frame for free.

        This same shop also had another Soho in a 20" frame and a District in a 56 cm frame. My frame is a 22.5". I checked and the other Soho and District are no longer listed. Here is their eBay site. http://stores.ebay.com/ProCycling-Bike-Shop   Here is the link that shows the listing that was for my bike. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120526004202&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_732wt_1165

        Here is a link to a listing for a District. This seller wants $795. http://cgi.ebay.com/Trek-District-Single-Speed-Urban-Belt-Drive_W0QQitemZ110501094945QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRoad_Bikes?hash=item19ba60e621#ht_3082wt_1165   I believe the one that the ProCycling Bike Shop had listed on their eBay store was $599.99.

        My Nexus hub is not the premium red band model. I believe it will not even work with roller brakes. Mine is the model with 31 for the last two numbers. I am not near the bike now and cannot remember the other numbers.