Sram parts /wheelset value

  • Trina
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
      Hello Everyone

      I am in the process of buying/trading a set of Sram IGH wheels from someoen at work. I agreed before I knew they 26" :(

      does anyone know of a source for small parts? the plunger(?) for in the axle the red thing in the "elbow"(?) that attaches to the axle?

      also is there any value to these wheels? they are Sram S7 hub with 36spoke Ryhno lite rims.

      is there a way to attach pics here?

      BG
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
        Trina;

        Upload pictures to the Photos area and reference or link to the folder in your post. You can also upload to Photobucket, Flickr or another free photos site and place a link in your post. Imbedded photos are not allowed as part of spam prevention.

        Check with Yellow Jersey for the needed parts. I understand they direct import SRAM IGH support parts as almost nothing is available direct from SRAM or from American parts distributors. Email or phone them as their web site is the poorest organized I have ever seen. If they do not have them then a Europe direct order may be needed.

        Rich Wood

        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "Trina" <bianchigirll@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone
        >
        > I am in the process of buying/trading a set of Sram IGH wheels from someoen at work. I agreed before I knew they 26" :(
        >
        > does anyone know of a source for small parts? the plunger(?) for in the axle the red thing in the "elbow"(?) that attaches to the axle?
        >
        > also is there any value to these wheels? they are Sram S7 hub with 36spoke Ryhno lite rims.
        >
        > is there a way to attach pics here?
        >

        > BG

      • Trina Brady
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010

          Hello Rich

          thanks for the info I will contact them tomorrow.  I did find a link to site in England but it was hard to seperate the IGH from the EGH stuff.

          I think I got the album/link thing figured out

          are these worth bothering with or should I give them back?    I am trying to figure out how much they are worth and if I buy them to trade off for other things I can use.  26" Ryhno rims with Sram 7spd hub w/ shifter and tires

            you do not simply own a Bianchi
          you have a relationship with your
                          Bianchi
                   Trina "Celeste" B

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
            Trina;

            IMO valueless unless you can obtain the required parts. Also Rhyno or Rhyno Lite rims? I understand the old Rhyno rims weighed a ton! My NuVinci hub is laced to a Rhyno Lite rim and it is supposed to be a strong rim.

            The value to you is for you to determine. Do you hve a prospective frame the rear wheel will fit? As it is used and incomplete with the hub internal condition unknown my estimation is the value is well under $100.

            Rich Wood

            --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Trina Brady <bianchigirll@...> wrote:

            > Hello Rich
            >
            > thanks for the info I will contact them tomorrow.  I did find a link to site in England but it was hard to seperate the IGH from the EGH stuff.
            >
            > I think I got the album/link thing figured out

            > are these worth bothering with or should I give them back?    I am trying to figure out how much they are worth and if I buy them to trade off for other things I can use.  26" Ryhno rims with Sram 7spd hub w/ shifter and tires
            >

            >   you do not simply own a Bianchi
            > you have a relationship with your
            >                 Bianchi
            >          Trina "Celeste" B

          • palatine_ej
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010

              Small parts are a big issue. The S7 shifter is available now, it may have the red plastic part included. The guys at smartbike.com are pretty good, you might give them a call and see if they can help.

              > also is there any value to these wheels? they are Sram S7 hub with 36spoke Ryhno lite rims.

              I paid $50 shipped for a complete hub with shifter. The hub was old and crusty, the flanges were warped, the shifter was shot. The internals are very robust so it's likely the hub itself is fine. You can buy a new i-brake S7 hub for $117 and a new S7 rim brake version for $135.

              Eric