Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] chain tension methods

  • Trina Brady
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 463 KB
    Hi Mike

    I do not have alot of experience wit ecentric BBs and moveable dropouts look expensive to me.

    when I wanted to build mt IGH bike I just found a used a old derailleur I had in the parts box for some reason.

      you do not simply own a Bianchi
    you have a relationship with your
                    Bianchi
             Trina "Celeste" B

    Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
      I have bikes with about every adjustment method available.

      The Civia Hyland has adjustable sliding deopouts.
      The Steelwool Tweed has an eccentric bottom bracket.
      The Trek 950 NuVinci has a non spring loaded NuVinci chain tensioner and vertical dropouts.
      The rest have horizontal dropouts.

      I like the Civia and Steelwool the best and find them convenient. Vertical dropouts make sure that the wheel stays in alignment while adjusting the chain but the design of the Vertical Dropout adapter kit for the NuVinci hub makes me dread the thought of rear wheel removal out on the road when I get my first flat on it.

      Rich Wood