Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Front Wheel Stabilizer Availability?

  • Trina Brady
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2010

    unless this device is intended to be used while riding(?) wouldn't a stout rubberband serve the same purpose?   I have been using a rubberband looped around the bottlecage and the valve stem for years.

      you do not simply own a Bianchi
    you have a relationship with your
                    Bianchi
             Trina "Celeste" B

    Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2010
      Trina;

      It is intended to be permanently mounted and it stays in position while riding. IMO considerably more convenient than the rubber bands or velcro straps I have seen recommended and used as just install it and ignore it.

      Rich Wood

      Message 3 of 6 , Feb 22, 2010
        Another source I have found for the Hebie Stabilizers is Wallbike which has the stabilizers for a much lower price. $16 for the version for upto 32mm down tubes and $22 for the version for upto 62mm down tubes. Much more reasonable pricing for what you are getting IMO.

        Rich Wood

        Message 4 of 6 , Mar 29, 2010
          I have now installed Hebie Stabilizers on three of my bikes which also have center stands installed. It does eliminate wheel flop very well and has no effect on normal handling IMO. The claim that it improves handling is marketing BS I believe. If the downtube block is installed in the correct position the stabilizer spring tension can be adjusted. I adjusted mine for no perceptible spring tension with the wheel straight ahead.

          For me at least it is definitely a worthwhile addition to bikes with center stands installed. It is not compatible with front forks that do not have a front to rear hole through the fork bridge area or frames with a depressed channel in the front of the down tube for cable and brake lines routing.