Re: Bottom Bracket Question..

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2010
      I suspect that it was only after a bike make was bought by Raleigh that the parts substitution started as the original maker's parts were used up.

      Per my understanding also Raleigh normally discontinued the top models from makers they bought ASAP and only used the bought brand names on middle, and lower, grade Raleigh made bikes. Kind of a "Raleigh is the best and anything else is inferior, even if made by us" policy.

      Per Frank Berto in "The Dancing Chain" Raleigh pretty much destroyed the British components manufacturers by continually demanding lower prices on parts they bought. Dunlop told them where to go and ceased bicycle tire manufacture due to Raleigh pricing demands.

      Rich Wood