Re:Coaster Brake IGH, any experience/comments?

  • wahooncx
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2009
      A good quality coaster brake is an elegant way to go with a bike that is ridden at a reasonable speed. I haven't had a decent one in years, since my last Bendix. I a hoping that the new SA hubs live up to their claims.

      A coaster brake allows one to brake gently to slow oneself without having to grab the handlebars, risking losing a grip on you latte. ;-)

      They also make a lot of sense in wet weather when rim brakes are all but useless. They are the brake of choice in places like Denmark and the Netherlands for a reason.

      Aaron