Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: Sturmey archer question

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 25, 2008
      At 11:59 AM 11/22/2008, you wrote:
      >Were virtually all British TTs reasonably flat?

      I don't know about "virtually all" but there was a tendency to design
      courses that would produce fast times. Such as using the shoulders
      of busy motorways to take advantage of the "Tailwind" created by
      passing cars. I do know that John Woodburn used ACs and FCs for his
      attempts at the Cardiff to London record which he finally got. 162
      miles and not particularly flat. Hill climbs were basically uphill
      TTs and usually done on a single speed bike.

      >I remember a TDF TT that was held on Alp d'Huez as I recall. ;-)

      Refresh my memory, is that in Surry or Kent?

      Mark Stonich;
      BikeSmith Design & Fabrication
      5349 Elliot Ave S. - Minneapolis. MN 55417
      Ph. (612) 824-2372 http://bikesmithdesign.com
      http://mnhpva.org