Re: Nexus 8 issues

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2008
      Bob;

      Aha! In that case I would double check that the casette joint and
      fixing ring are properly installed on the hub and that nothing has
      shifted or rotated even slightly. You might even remove and
      reinstall both items and inspect carefully for damage or possible
      slop while they are off.

      If that is not the problem then no more ideas. I presume that you
      have to have the casette joint installed even if you have bypassed
      the cable housing stop designed into it by Shimano.

      Rich Wood

      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Power" <bobpower@...>
      wrote:

      > Rich, now I understand your concern. However, in my setup, I
      completely skip the "long arm" and run the cable without a housing
      from a slotted cable stop near the headtube, under the BB, and
      directly onto the hub. The cable is the means to an end (i.e.,
      positioning the innards of the hub) rather than the end itself.

      > Bob

      11/18/2008 8:59 PM