NuVinci

  • WV Tenor
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2009
      When the rear wheel on my Trek disintegrated--long story--I decided to switch from a derailleur system to a NuVinci. It finally came back from the shop, and I'm loving it. The shifting is so smooth. I thought that the heavy weight would make a difference, but once one gets under weigh, one hardly notices it.

      If you are thinking of getting one, do so.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2009
        Bruce;

        Glad to hear that you are liking it and do not find the weight objectionable. I agree that the weight is not a real problem in normal use. I primarily worry about a flat away from the shop but will be fitting mine with a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires to minimize chances of punctures.

        What Trek model and year did you install the hub on and does it have vertical or semi horizontal dropouts?

        Rich Wood

        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "WV Tenor" <bruce_alan_wilson@...> wrote:

        > When the rear wheel on my Trek disintegrated--long story--I decided to switch from a derailleur system to a NuVinci. It finally came back from the shop, and I'm loving it. The shifting is so smooth. I thought that the heavy weight would make a difference, but once one gets under weigh, one hardly notices it.
        >
        > If you are thinking of getting one, do so.

      • aarons_bicycle_repair
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4 3:30 PM
          I have a NuVinci (pre 360)
          shop display bench mat.
          Similar to what you see at auto parts stores.
          http://www.rideyourbike.com/NuVinci.jpg

          Let me know if anyone is interested. $8, shipping included!