Re: Shimano? 7spd parts

  • astronut1001
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      Trina;

      If it is a 7 or 8 speed Shimano hub then most likely the damaged part is likely to be the "Casette Joint". This is the mechanism that the shift cable attaches to and is readily removable from the hub and replaceable as long as it is the only thing wrong. Depending on source bought at it should be in the under $20 range.

      If it is just the forward facing arm part of the casette joint that the cable housing seats in that is bent it might even be able to be unbent.

      Rich Wood