IRo Phoenix 3 speed

  • pdxrandonneur
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2009
      http://www.irocycle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=173

      "Perfect commuter or town bike. Relaxed geometry and longer wheelbase. IRO heat treated Cro-Mo steel. 1 1/8 " threadless fork. Front and rear brakes. Brake cable stops on top tube, internal gear rear hub cable mounts on the bottom of downtube and chainstay. Mounts for two bottle cages. Rack and fender mounts. 120mm rear dropouts. Accepts up to 700 x 38cc tires. 32c with fenders. Black machined 3 speed internal gear hub wheelset."

      The hub appears to be a sturmey AW3.

      $649.00

      -Rando
    • astronut1001
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
        Looks interesting. Per the frame geometry info it looks to be a pretty relaxed frame geometry and long wheelbase by current standards though not nearly as relaxed as an old Raleigh 3 speed roadster. Should weigh a lot less though.

        I agree that from the picture it is using an SA hub. I find it interesting that hub make and model is not specified that I could find. Also the price seems just a bit high for a bike shipped w/o tires and tubes.

        Rich Wood

        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "pdxrandonneur" <pdxrandonneur@...> wrote:

        > http://www.irocycle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=173
        >
        > "Perfect commuter or town bike. Relaxed geometry and longer wheelbase. IRO heat treated Cro-Mo steel. 1 1/8 " threadless fork. Front and rear brakes. Brake cable stops on top tube, internal gear rear hub cable mounts on the bottom of downtube and chainstay. Mounts for two bottle cages. Rack and fender mounts. 120mm rear dropouts. Accepts up to 700 x 38cc tires. 32c with fenders. Black machined 3 speed internal gear hub wheelset."
        >
        > The hub appears to be a sturmey AW3.
        >
        > $649.00
        >
        > -Rando

      • pdxrandonneur
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
          --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "astronut1001" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

          > Looks interesting. Per the frame geometry info it looks to be a pretty relaxed frame geometry and long wheelbase by current standards though not nearly as relaxed as an old Raleigh 3 speed roadster. Should weigh a lot less though.
          >
          > I agree that from the picture it is using an SA hub. I find it interesting that hub make and model is not specified that I could find. Also the price seems just a bit high for a bike shipped w/o tires and tubes.

          According to an email from IRO it is a sturmey, although they didn't say which model. I agree the price is high, but the comparable swobo novak is $100 more.

          -Rando
        • astronut1001
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
            --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "pdxrandonneur" <pdxrandonneur@...> wrote:

            > --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "astronut1001" <astronut1001@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Looks interesting. Per the frame geometry info it looks to be a pretty relaxed frame geometry and long wheelbase by current standards though not nearly as relaxed as an old Raleigh 3 speed roadster. Should weigh a lot less though.
            > >
            > > I agree that from the picture it is using an SA hub. I find it interesting that hub make and model is not specified that I could find. Also the price seems just a bit high for a bike shipped w/o tires and tubes.
            > >

            > According to an email from IRO it is a sturmey, although they didn't say which model. I agree the price is high, but the comparable swobo novak is $100 more.
            >
            > -Rando

            I might be interested if they do a version with the S3X hub for not too much more.