Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: Korean IGHs and Retro-direct crank

  • Joseph Shaul
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2009
      Those reverse cranks might be of interest to fixed-gear enthusiasts - unlike the new Sram fixie hubs, you can keep your old wheels while retaining a fixed forward gear.

      On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM, prester_john_in_cathay <prester_john_in_cathay@...> wrote:

      MBI's little .pdf product catalog is pretty well done. Did you notice that the 3-speeds are "all up" designs (low gear is 1:1)? With small wheeled bikes so popular in Korea, this doesn't surprise me. As a practical matter, I doubt a rider would notice much difference between the RGF391's 191% range and a Shimano or SRAM 3-speed's 186%.

      BTW, MBI seems to make two models of retro-direct cranks; the other one has a lower 1:0.7 ratio in "reverse".

      PJ