Retro Direct Bike Drivetrain

  • astronut1001
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2009
      Appropriate here as definitely an oddball drivetrain. Remember that the group writeup states we cover IGH and oddball bikes and drivetrains.

      Anyone ever seen one or know of a book, article or web site that covers various designs?

      This was a French drivetrain idea that was developed early in the 1900s. High gear was given when pedalling forward and low gear by pedalling in reverse on most designs.

      A guy on BF is trying to come up with a bichain method of doing so as he wants to try one. Many of the original designs were single chain but bichain versions were also made per Frank Berto's book "The Dancing Chain".