Re: Now I got my new bike

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2009
      I understand that some of the original balloon tire cruisers from the 1930s to 1950s weighed from 50 to 70 pounds fully accessorized. No wonder they were virtually indestructable.

      Compare that to now when carbon fiber racing bikes are routinely built enough below the UCI minimum weight limit of 6.8 Kg or 14.96 pounds that teams add things like Powertap hubs to bring them up to minimum legal weight.

      Be interesting to see how light a Rohloff or Alfine hub CF road bike it would be possible to build if someone really tried.

      Rich Wood