Re: Shimano Nexus commuter build

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2009
      The change to a 20 tooth hub cog will almost certainly require the addition of a chain tensioner of some sort if the 21 tooth currently on the bike gives a good chain adjustment with the vertical dropouts. I am not sure that the change to a 1/8" hub sprocket will have any benefit as far as chain or sprocket wear is concerned.

      One of the reasons I chose the Steelwool Tweed frame for my Alfine hub build was the eccentric bottom bracket for chain adjustment. Certainly your use of a used frame was a less expensive way to go however.

      Rich Wood