Cold Weather Hub Info from SRAM

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2008
      I just received the following cold weather maintenance info in an
      email from SRAM technical support. To me it indicates that SRAM
      hubs can be oil lubricated if desired.

      Rich Wood

      Hello Rich-

      Yes, in below freezing temperature the internal lubricants can begin
      to slow. You can open your hub, pull the planetary gear carrier out
      and dip it into a low temperature motor oil. This will help the
      small parts and planetary gears move and function more smoothly.

      Dismantling instructions can be found here starting on page 60:

      http://www.sram.com/en/service/sram/tech_manuals_2009.php

      2009- gear hub systems.

      Regards,
      Tim Jones