New Member

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2009
      Hi. My name's Steve and I am from southern Ontario. I recently have been shopping for a new bike but I find myself being pulled more and more towards restoring an older geared hub bike. I have rebuilt a few bikes but never found something that I am completely happy with and nothing new turns my crank (pun not intended but I'll go with it). I've encountered internal hub a few times and really like the concept and it would be nice to find a heavier duty bike. I have yet to get one but I hope to soon and in the meantime I'd like to learn a bit about them.

      - Steve in Southern Ontario
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2009
        Steve;

        Welcome to the group. I do not personally have an older IGH bike yet but some members do and enjoy them. Hopefully they will chime in here.

        I would like to find an older 3 speed English or Dutch roadster with chaincase. It would be quite different than the more modern IGH bikes I currently have. I keep hearing that they are out there but apparently they are scarce in Reno.

        Rich Wood