New Member

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 4, 2009
      Hi. My name's Steve and I am from southern Ontario. I recently have been shopping for a new bike but I find myself being pulled more and more towards restoring an older geared hub bike. I have rebuilt a few bikes but never found something that I am completely happy with and nothing new turns my crank (pun not intended but I'll go with it). I've encountered internal hub a few times and really like the concept and it would be nice to find a heavier duty bike. I have yet to get one but I hope to soon and in the meantime I'd like to learn a bit about them.

      - Steve in Southern Ontario
    • Colin Bryant
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 22, 2016
        OEM builds seem to use 8 speed chain and 9 speed are more expensive, so I never tried them.  They may even be too narrow for the cog.

        --

        Colin