SRAM Tech Manuals & Spectro E12 Gear Hub

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2008
      A check of the SRAM web site shows that they have tech manuals for
      their gear hubs available back to 1999.

      For those who are curious, or have a need for the info, the 1999
      manual includes information on the Spectro E12 twelve speed hub,
      apparently the last to do so.

      The hub was huge, almost as large as the NuVinci hub. Maximum
      diameter is listed as 143mm. No weight is listed in the tech manual.

      I have never found a listed cost for this hub but suspect it was
      expensive. Considering the size and weight I wonder if the
      introduction of the much lighter and greater gear range Rohloff hub
      was the reason for stopping production of it.