Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: Interesting Bikes

  • wahooncx@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2009
      Because cycling is a SERIOUS Sport and must not be trivialized!

      Aaron(with tongue partially planted in cheek)

      From: "palatine_ej"
      Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:22:58 -0000
      To: <Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: Interesting Bikes

      > What an amazing variety.
      The racks are amazing. And I love the stainless steel rims and fenders. Why can't we get that stuff in the States?

      Eric

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 11, 2009
        Eric;

        IF and when bicycling for actual transportation becomes more common here in the U.S. we MAY see bikes with those features and similar accessories become available here. All a matter of market demand I suspect. My Swobo now has a rack, shopping panniers, a dual leg stand and the frame mounted ring lock installed so it is useable for most shopping and urban assault purposes. Hoping to get a Hebie Chainglider chaincase for it too shortly.

        Not sure that I would want stainless steel rims unless they were combined with disc brakes. The old chromed steel rims were pretty notorious for crappy wet weather braking. Would SS be any better?

        Rich Wood

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11, 2009
          Eric;

          BTW Velo Orange and Wallbike.com both have some interesting items including stainless steel fenders.

          Rich Wood