re-spacing the OLD on a nexus 8 speeed coaster down to 130

  • pdxrandonneur
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2009
      I have an aluminum frame with an rear drop out spaced to 130mm that I would love to put an 8 speed coaster on, but I don't want to spread it. Does anyone have one and see any chance for dropping the OLD 3 mm?

      -Rando
    • palatine_ej
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2009
        > I have an aluminum frame with an rear drop out spaced to 130mm that I would love to put an 8 speed coaster on, but I don't want to spread it. Does anyone have one and see any chance for dropping the OLD 3 mm?

        This has been kicked around a few times, there's no room on the drive side. Looking at the exploded views on the Shimano Desk show there's not much room on the non-drive side coaster brake versions. It's only 2mm, I'd stuff the hub in and ride it.

        Eric