9817Trek Madone road bike stolen outside Mass General Hospital Boston - more info

  • Michael Wilson
    Jun 5, 2014
      Is there a place to post stolen bikes so that bike shops might notice?  Many years ago Peter Weil (spelling?) had his bike stolen, and someone brought it into the Bicycle Revival on River St Cambridge.  I believe it was Sheldon Brown who was there and said to the someone "thats not your bike" and took it.  Peter got it back.

      I left out a few parts in the list in the previous mail.

      The bike that was stolen at 7:30 PM 5 June 2014 from Cambridge St Boston:
      2005 Trek OCLV55 Madone SSL
      Easton SLX fork
      Clavicula carbon compact road crankset with custom 47-30 chainrings**
      Extralite headset
      Syntace F99 135 mm stem (ti bolts ?)
      Easton EC90 equipe pro handlebars
      HED clip lite aero bars with jtek 3rd brake lever
      Campagnolo 11 speed shifters
      Campagnolo compact front derailleur
      Campagnolo Athena 11 speed rear derailleur with Toronto Cycles 12t lower pulley
      front wheel is Rigida rim on a cheapie Shimano hub generator
      Rear wheel is a CR420 rim very worn,
      Tune rear hub respaced by Alchemy Wheel Works for less dish, Shimano 10 speed compatible
      cassette is custom 11-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-21-24-24-27 11 sprockets made from various 10 speed parts remachined.
      Speedplay Frog ti pedals
      Bontrager race XXX lite seatpost
      Avocet Touring (not sure if Touring, Touring I or Touring II) saddle
      Zero Gravity brakes
      CLB alunimum brake cable housing.

      **As best as I can tell there exist only 2 110bcd compact cranks on the planet with 30t inner rings and I had both of them.  Now I have one.  Leaving out the double bolt circle Suginos which have 110bcd big rings and 74bcd small

      I do have 27 other bikes so I can get to work tomorrow, but there was a lot of work done to make this be what I wanted, and it would be nice to get it back.