9599Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] RE: Newbie - ALFINE 8 Shifting problems

  • Jim Avery
    Feb 7 12:02 AM

      My Alfine 8 hub clunks occasionally as I've mentioned here before.  The Shimano instructions about the hub that came with the bike tell me that is normal and that's good enough for me.

      If you've been able to dunk the clunk, then well done you.  Personally I can't be bothered to do that sort of work on mine.  My riding style is as far from extreme as it gets though.

      On 7 Feb 2014 01:43, <danstrom@...> wrote:

      Aaron,
      Please, you're not sorry and I'm not wrong.  My friends and I are using these hubs far beyond what you claimed was possible only two years ago.  Now you've changed your tune, slightly.  I suppose in another couple of years we'll have you all fixed up!

      Telling folks to live with the klunk isn't correct and accounts for your lack of confidence in these hub's durability.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic