9592IGH city bike frame suggestions

  • j_tdd
    Feb 2, 2014
      Can you suggest a frame and fork, used or new?
      I want to build a basic city bike using parts I have lying around:

      * A 700c rear wheel with Nexus SG-8R31 hub.
      * A 700c front wheel with low-end Shimano dyno DISC hub.
      * 700c Planet Bike fenders, for 28-35c tires.
      * Alloy Rear rack, dyno head and tail lamps; Tektro levers from a hybrid bike
      * MKS city (flat) pedals.
      * Upright Velo Orange handlebars.

      I'm fond of steel as a material, and like the ED coating now used by some frame makers.  I would like to use disc front brake for quick response in wet conditions.  Rear could be caliper brake.

      Wider, lower-pressure tires are preferred, like 700 x 28-35C.

      If toe overlap could be avoided, great (for bike path situations).

      My issue is knowing what frames will work with this particular Nexus hub, and still allow rear wheel removal (with a fender in place).  Secondly, I am never sure what dropout width this hub will work with.  All suggestions appreciated.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic