8551Re: Sturmey Archer 5 speed, how it works.

  • jpbabic
    Apr 26, 2013
      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "pj" <prester_john_in_cathay@...> wrote:

      >...the HSA675 Planet Cage, Pinion and Sun Gear Assembly in the S-A 5(W) hubs is not intended to be disassembled...

      It appears that to disassemble it would be to destroy it. From what I can tell the cage is held together by what I can best describe as rivets, or pins that are mashed to hold the end-plates in position.

      ... and there are NO timing marks on the planets.

      The planet gears are marked on mine, and they are marked according to Dan's advice about tooth alignment.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic