8385Re: Sturmey Archer 5 speed, how it works.

    Mar 26, 2013
      > I wonder how many sun gears have been fractured when
      > some curious sort tore the hub down just to see how it works,
      > and re-assembled it without knowing about the critical step
      > of aligning the timing marks.

      I don't own one nor have I ever inspected one, but I've read on the 'net (and as we all know, if you see it on the internet, it must be true!) that the HSA675 Planet Cage, Pinion and Sun Gear Assembly in the S-A 5(W) hubs is not intended to be disassembled and there are NO timing marks on the planets. If that's true, and one has an irresistible urge to strip down their HSA675, perhaps the planets should be marked before disassembly!

      Otherwise, I see the HSA675 is available as an individual spare part.