7692Re: Trigger shifter for SRAM P5

  • Stanley Batt
    Nov 13, 2012
    My experience with the Sachs 5 speed trigger shift for my Sachs Pentaspoprt, Type H 5113 suggests that you be concerned with guarding the vulnerable trigger shift itself from contact with the ground.

    My  bike fell over from its kickstand in the wind and broke off the thumb lever, making the shifter inoperative. Had to replace it with two conventional three speed trigger shifters to operate the two cable system.

    --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Irvine Short <irvine.short@...> wrote:

    > I managed to find a New Old Stock trigger shifter, cable and click box assembly for my SRAM P5

    > How important is the "guard loop" kind of thing that protects the click box?

    --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Irvine Short <irvine.short@...> wrote:

    > I managed to find a New Old Stock trigger shifter, cable and click box assembly for my SRAM P5

    > How important is the "guard loop" kind of thing that protects the click box?

  • Show all 13 messages in this topic