1009Re: Stop me if you've heard this: new eccentric BB

    May 2 11:54 AM
      Darol;

      Vertical dropouts make for easy rear wheel removal and reinstallation except with the NuVinci hub. Their design of anti rotation setup for the drive side for vertical dropouts makes rear wheel removal a bit of a PITA.

      Have to unbolt the chain tensioner then undo the different size axle nuts used on each side. Three wrenches of different sizes are required. The NuVinci was definitely designed for horizontal dropouts and the design of the vertical dropout adaptation is not nearly as well done IMO.

      Rich Wood

      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Darol Hinton <darolh@...> wrote:

      > Some sort of eccentric seems like the elegant solution IMO (except maybe weight) on a single speed/IGH bike.  It allows vertical dropouts which make for easy wheel removal and there's no adjusting the rear disc brake when you adjust the chain tension.  My EBB works just dandy.  No creaks and no fuss.  I had to change a tube on the road a few weeks back and the R&R of the wheel was about as easy as a derailleur bike.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic