Flying Scotsman

  • rwalley@nildram.co.uk
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
      Anyone know who makes 7mm kits for this and if so, how good or bad they are
      please?

      Regards

      Raymond
      --
      Raymond Walley
      E-mail: rwalley@... Website: http://www.raymondwalley.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
        Train, Loco or what? precisely are you after.

        regards

        Peter Dobson

      • rwalley@nildram.co.uk
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
          On 7 Nov 2005 at 18:00, Peter Dobson wrote:

          > Train, Loco or what? precisely are you after.

          Clarely I did not make that clear. Engine.

          Regards

          Raymond

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
            See reply from Philip Millard on the 7mm list - it seems to cover things quite
            succinctly.

            Personally I would go for the David Andrews version.

            regards

            Peter Dobson

            rwalley@... wrote:
            > On 7 Nov 2005 at 18:00, Peter Dobson wrote:
            >

            >>Train, Loco or what? precisely are you after.
            >

            > Clarely I did not make that clear. Engine.
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Raymond

          • Christine Hoather
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
              I made an A3 loco from the Martin Finney kit some years ago and it is
              excellent. It covers the many variations.I don't think the other kits were
              available at the time, and I have no experience of them.
              Steve Hoather

            • rwalley@nildram.co.uk
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
                Has anyone a copy of "Lure of Steam" by Eric Treacy from which they could scan me
                a copy of the photograph on page 148 of Flying Scotsman?

                Much appreciated if possible and contact me off line.

                Regards

                Raymond
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
                  Anyone with Brian Harsnape's book "BR Liveries 1948-68" know if there are pictures
                  of FS in it?

                  Regards

                  Raymond
                  --
                  Raymond Walley
                  E-mail: rwalley@... Website: http://www.raymondwalley.com
                  01372 743 159
                  Chairman - Gauge 0 Guild
                  7mm modelling in all its forms - worldwide.
                  Say NO to ID cards at http://www.no2id-petition.net
                  --
                • John Shelley
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
                    rwalley@... wrote:
                    > Anyone with Brian Harsnape's book "BR Liveries 1948-68" know if there
                    > are pictures of FS in it?

                    Yes, yes, on the ex-GNR in LNER green and a BR number, 9 April 1949. I
                    suppose you want a scan.

                    Cheers for now,

                    John from Harrow, Middx
                  • Peter Dobson
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
                      Just one picture of FS on page 10 shows the 10.15am from Leeds to KX south of
                      Brookmans Park on 9 April 1949.

                      Caption states 'Still waiting to receive its new colours, A3 4-6-2 No 60103 FS
                      carries LNER green with its BR number and BRITISH RAILWAYS in Gill Sans'.

                      regards

                      Peter Dobson

                      PS Dome is the Banjo type

                    • rwalley@nildram.co.uk
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
                        On 21 Nov 2005 at 23:14, John Shelley wrote:

                        > Yes, yes, on the ex-GNR in LNER green and a BR number, 9 April 1949.
                        > I suppose you want a scan.

                        Yes please John, that would be very much appreciated. Off line of course and I have
                        broadband so file size is not a problem.

                        Many thanks and regards

                        Raymond

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 30, 2005
                            Since there are several differing views on how many spokes the trailing wheels have
                            on FS (10 v 12) I had someone check on the real FS at the NRM today. It has NINE
                            spokes (and so does the V2). So much for settling that question. It might have had
                            them from new or as replacements at a major rebuild or overhaul.

                            Oh the joys of research!

                            Regards

                            Raymond

                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 6 8:29 AM
                                Hi Raymond,

                                The wheels were plain black when painted in BR Blue

                                Regards Steve

                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 6 11:24 AM
                                  On 6 Feb 2006 at 16:29, steve wrote:

                                  > The wheels were plain black when painted in BR Blue

                                  Thank you Steve, That makes the job easier.

                                  Regards

                                  Raymond