Re: [Gauge0] Wheel Chair Models

  • David Sheppee
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 7:14 AM
      Hi Charles,
      What unfortunate timing for your email. I was at PB today as Guard on one of
      the trains, so could have taken some digital photos for you of the carriages
      modified to carry wheelchairs , however, not is all lost as I will be back
      there next Sat. in the same capacity, so will have some time to spare to
      take photographs.
      Regards,
      David.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 3:11 PM
        David,
        Good morning!

        Thank you for your kind offer. I can only make the trip South every
        year or so.
        Any information will be very much appreciated.
        I especially want to know whether the standard under-frames were used
        or if they were modified/extended?

        Also I am gathering information on the ex QR Dh's in preparation for
        making PBR's Diesel Hydraulics in On30 in due course.

        Yhank You,
        Charles Schuster

        --- In Gauge0@yahoogroups.com, "David Sheppee" <emarco@a...> wrote:
        > Hi Charles,
        > What unfortunate timing for your email. I was at PB today as Guard
        on one of
        > the trains, so could have taken some digital photos for you of the
        carriages
        > modified to carry wheelchairs , however, not is all lost as I will
        be back
        > there next Sat. in the same capacity, so will have some time to
        spare to
        > take photographs.
        > Regards,
        > David.

      • charles schuster
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31 10:48 PM
          David and Good Afternoon All!

          The Great Codpiece from the ranks of the "on30conspiracy" has just
          found a source of 1:50 etched brass wheel chairs which should be fine
          for "O" 1/48!!

          ......"Hi there,

          I've found some 1:50 scale wheelchairs at:

          http://www.modelshop.co.uk/pages/home.htm

          Just go to their catalogue and type wheelchairs into their search
          engine. They
          are etched brass and come in packs of three.

          Hope this helps.

          Codpiece......."

          AKA Dave Balcombe.

          Now to order some fcr a PBR wheel chair accessible passenger
          excursion car!
          Many thankls to those from this group who responded to my original
          question.

          Charles

          BTW, David I would like to see pics opf the Wheel Chair accessible
          cars and also of the new paint schemes of PBR diesels!