Re: [G0Guild] GOG Renewal Statistics

  • Ian Kirk
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Richard,

      Thanks for the information. Glad to see that things are moving in the right
      direction.

      A couple of things though, possibly typo's on your e mail, might be worth
      looking at before it all goes into print:

      You give the same total membership for 28th Feb 2003 and 29th Feb 2004. I
      think this last total should be 5305 which makes the percentages right. Also
      in table A, 2003 the "total renewed" does not include, as far as I can see,
      the "new and rejoined" total. In table B,2004 the figure does so we are not
      comparing like with like. The percentages seem to relate to the lower
      figure. Sorry to seem pedantic, put it down to the very brief period
      between Air Force and Model business when I taught maths!

      You say:

      > We should see more growth in membership this year.

      I hope so, O gauge grows in popularity so it would be good if the Guild
      could grow in proportion to the O gauge fraternity. I think it is up to the
      members to sell the idea of the Guild to other modellers and thereby move it
      forward with an increase in membership. Last year I was discussing with
      Raymond the possibility of a competition for the member who did most for
      recruitment and offered to provide a prize. The business of the "East Anglia
      Three" and subsequent court case put this on hold but it might be no bad
      thing to resurrect the idea now. I could provide a RTR coach as a prize. I
      am just finishing off a sample of a Siphon G for display at York and the
      next few shows I could perhaps donate that.

      best wishes,

      Ian Kirk

      go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/G0Guild . For more information about the
      Gauge 0 Guild, visit the Guild web site at http://www.gauge0guild.com