Re: [Gauge0] Medley Models Raven Pacific kit

  • Richard McLeish
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      G'day Ian,

      Now you know why he doesn't give a phone number!

      Try 01924 897660. This is from a 1999 Gauge 0 Guild exhibition programme!
      From Oz you must leave off the first 0. Good luck.

      Richard McLeish (Honorary Sandgroper)

      >From: "Ian Norman" <nortrol@...>
      >To: Gauge0@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Gauge0] Medley Models Raven Pacific kit
      >Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 06:59:13 -0000
      >
      >I am becoming increasingly frustrated with a Medley Models Raven
      >Pacific kit that I am attempting to assemble. Although the kit
      >appears simple enough, parts don't fit, and the part numbering in
      >some cases bears no resemblance to the numbered listing in the
      >assembly notes. Without an exploded drawing accompanying the kit it
      >is most frustrating trying to identify and assemble parts from the
      >scanty notes provided.
      >
      >In today's age of computers, fax machines, and broadband internet in
      >virtually every home, I find it annoying that the only way of
      >communicating with Medley Models seems to be via snail mail.
      >
      >Does anyone have a phone or fax number or an e-mail address for Mr.E.
      >Hoyle of 3 Church Side Villas Leeds LS26 9HH so that I can contact
      >him to discuss the problems.
      >
      >Ian Norman Australia

      http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
    • Tony Kell
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
        Actually, E. Hoyle isn't E. Hoyle at all. That's his wifes name.
        Something to do with the tax man I believe (but I may be totally
        wrong) The real proprietor is Steve Hoyle. As you guessed, he's a
        pencil and paper man and doesn't hold with modern technology much.

        As for a telephone number, try 01977 519906. Good luck! I've built
        a couple of his kits. They do go together, but I am afraid they are
        not quite 'state of the art' stuff an need a bit of 'adjusting'.
        But then he doesn't charge 'state of the art' prices either.

        Tony Kell

        --- In Gauge0@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Norman" <nortrol@o...> wrote:
        > I am becoming increasingly frustrated with a Medley Models Raven
        > Pacific kit that I am attempting to assemble. Although the kit
        > appears simple enough, parts don't fit, and the part numbering in
        > some cases bears no resemblance to the numbered listing in the
        > assembly notes. Without an exploded drawing accompanying the kit
        it
        > is most frustrating trying to identify and assemble parts from the
        > scanty notes provided.
        >
        > In today's age of computers, fax machines, and broadband internet
        in
        > virtually every home, I find it annoying that the only way of
        > communicating with Medley Models seems to be via snail mail.
        >
        > Does anyone have a phone or fax number or an e-mail address for
        Mr.E.
        > Hoyle of 3 Church Side Villas Leeds LS26 9HH so that I can contact
        > him to discuss the problems.
        >
        > Ian Norman Australia
      • lner2512
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2003
          Mr. Norman,
          I can't help you, but I do own a Raven Pacific that I bought as a
          completed model. No one has been able to identify its ancestry, but
          I'm wondering if it is the same kit. This loco is relatively
          unsophisticated--unsprung, open shaft driving the rear drivers via an
          unsupported worm gear driven by a can motor. There is not much
          detail, but the proportions seem correct. If photos would help you
          identify it or complete your model, I'll take some and post them.
          Scott Maze