GWR 14XX

  • lms5016
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      A couple of questions for any GWR experts out there. I am building a
      Springside
      14xx for a friend. It is auto fitted and has a topfeed. He remembers
      them in the Exeter area, 1960's, in BR lined green and would like the
      model finished in that livery. I have a list of the Exeter
      allocations of 14xx's for 1960, 1420,'40,'51,'68,'71. I have
      photographs of '68 and '71 and they are both topfeed fitted but the
      livery is indistinct. Question 1 - Were the others topfeed fitted?
      Question 2 - which of these carried the BR lined livery,if any?

      Any assistance would be appreciated.

      Sandy Harper
    • Bill Barnes
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
        Sandy
        1471 was topfed and done out in the lined green livery (see Peter Gray's
        'Steam in Devon' for an excellent colour photo). Don't know about the others
        though!
        Bill
        > A couple of questions for any GWR experts out there. I am building a
        > Springside
        > 14xx for a friend. It is auto fitted and has a topfeed. He remembers
        > them in the Exeter area, 1960's, in BR lined green and would like the
        > model finished in that livery. I have a list of the Exeter
        > allocations of 14xx's for 1960, 1420,'40,'51,'68,'71. I have
        > photographs of '68 and '71 and they are both topfeed fitted but the
        > livery is indistinct. Question 1 - Were the others topfeed fitted?
        > Question 2 - which of these carried the BR lined livery,if any?
        >
        > Any assistance would be appreciated.
        >
        > Sandy Harper
        >

        > To access the group archive of past messages, database resources, and
        members uploaded pictures and files, go to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gauge0

        > For details of the G0Guild group for members, ex-members and potential
        members of the Gauge 0 Guild, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/G0Guild .
        For more information about the Gauge 0 Guild, visit the Guild web site at
        http://www.gauge0guild.com

      • Bill Barnes
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
          Sandy
          Further to my earlier email I've just seen a picture of 1421 in green livery
          on the Hemyock branch in 1962 also with topfeed
          Bill