W and U Tramway

  • James Brodie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
      Dear Chris ,There are photos of stock in the RCTS Green books of naturally
      Locos but stock behind them as well.There is also reference of some of the
      Gateshead trams that went there. Will try and find out more...Jim Brodie.
      Have to wait until Modom goes upstairs for me!
    • John Shelley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
        James Brodie said Subject: [Gauge0] W and U Tramway

        > Dear Chris ,There are photos of stock in the RCTS Green books of
        naturally
        > Locos but stock behind them as well.There is also reference of some
        of the
        > Gateshead trams that went there. Will try and find out more...Jim
        Brodie.
        > Have to wait until Modom goes upstairs for me!

        Tell me more about the Gateshead trams, I've never heard of that before.
        Sure you aren't getting confused with the Grimsby & Immingham?

        Cheers for now

        John from Harrow, Middx
      • Bill Bedford
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
          At 6:14 pm +0000 01/01/02, John Shelley wrote:

          >James Brodie said Subject: [Gauge0] W and U Tramway
          >

          >> Dear Chris ,There are photos of stock in the RCTS Green books of
          >naturally
          >> Locos but stock behind them as well.There is also reference of some
          >of the
          >> Gateshead trams that went there. Will try and find out more...Jim
          >Brodie.
          >> Have to wait until Modom goes upstairs for me!
          >
          >Tell me more about the Gateshead trams, I've never heard of that before.
          >Sure you aren't getting confused with the Grimsby & Immingham?

          In 1948 BR bought 3 cars from Newcastle Corporation and 19 From
          Gateshead & District tramways to augment the GC cars on the G&I. It's
          all in part 10B

          --

          Bill Bedford

          You can win or you can have peace, but not at the same time.