Re: [Gauge0] Re: 57xx Pannier

  • michealsteve@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1 12:12 AM
      Bob
      Thanks for your reply. The layout planned is going to be about 8' plus fiddle
      yard. I don't have a major problem with the running and as stated to Malcolm
      think the loco needs more running in. Oops regarding the springs as i have
      already trimmed them but only by one or two coils. They still function but
      are 'softer' now and there is give still but will experiment over time with
      some new ones. All that needs doing now is finish the paint job, transfers
      and then onto the next project! Another loco or layout building -mmmm?
      Regards
      Mike

      PS - Can anyone suggest a layout to study that reflects either a goods shed
      location or small industrial site that may give me some inspiration?
    • Bob Alderman
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1 4:12 AM
        Mike
        Being totally and utterly biased in this have a look at "Gas Works"! It's at
        Telford.
        Bob

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1 9:23 AM
          Bob
          I take it then that this might be your layout? Unfortunately Telford too far
          me this year. Has it featured in any of the usual publications so i might be
          able to take a pog.
          Regards
          Mike
        • Bob Alderman
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1 12:48 PM
            Mike
            "Gas Works" has appeared in MRJ issue No.87 1996 and Railway Modeller April
            1997. It's not my layout but my club's, Yeovil Model Railway Group, but I
            did have a large part in it, unlike "a small part in Charley's Aunt"! After
            Telford it is appearing at York next Easter.
            Bob