Re: [Gauge0] Guildex 2000

  • Mick Bryan
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2000
      From: <ray.bounsall.rb@...>

      > Can I stretch the string again and ask for some feedback next week for
      the poor
      > unfortunates unable to attend.

      In my case, it's unfortunately poor!
      :-(

      Cheers,
      Mick
    • Martin
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2000
        I will underake to provide feedback for our expatriots and overseas cousins. Hopefully with you early next week

        Regards
        Martin Long

        > Can I stretch the string again and ask for some feedback next week for
        the poor
        > unfortunates unable to attend.

        In my case, it's unfortunately poor!
        :-(

        Cheers,
        Mick

      • Jon Hewlett
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2000
          I'm going to Telford on Sunday and wondered whether any of you had any
          recommendations of a nice fine screw coupling as I need to restock while
          I'm there.
          I've used all sorts including the CPL ones, what are your opinions of the
          ones that you use.

          Thanks in advance for the input

          Jon
        • rwalley@cix.co.uk
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2000
            The CPL without a doubt is excellent, the best I have tried.

            Raymond
          • Mike Gibbs
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2000
              GUILDEX 2000

              Another excellent show, despite the interlude (Saturday) when someone burnt
              the toast in the kitchen. There are some very innovative traders at work - I
              was particularly impressed with NMB Models and their resin cast items
              including the new Midland signal box - excellent value - review in Gazette
              please! It is good to see Ian Kirk coming along with LMS coaches too - they
              are now on the list! The Beeson models were fascinating.

              __________________________________

              Mike Gibbs (10204)

              MikeRJGibbs@...
            • ray.bounsall.rb@australia.agfa.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 4, 2000
                FAO Martin Long

                Martin,

                I, and I am sure others, appreciate you taking the time to overview the recent
                Guildex for us. Up until now my only knowledge of the show was that someone
                burnt the toast!. Maybe, If I try really hard, my imagination can take me to
                Guildex (he says, reaching for the toaster).

                The video sounds a good idea, I had thought to order it, but by the time I
                received my Gazette the 'special' of ordering last years and this years at a
                special bundled price had expired, so the rush was taken out of it.
                Incidentally, I thought it sad that the company advertising the video in the
                Gazette could not spell most of the names correctly of our learned brethren,
                such as Welch spelt Welsh, Reynalds spelt Reynolds if I recall. I hope they
                have the courtesy to correct it for the cover of the video.

                Now some brave soul suggested someone take a digital camera along to Guildex,
                can't recall who... sigh of relief from the party concerned....

                Regards,

                Ray
              • Richard Elton
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 4, 2000
                  I did take a digital camera along, it was the first time I'd used it so I am
                  not sure about picture quality.
                  If someone can tell me how and where to paste the images I will do it at the
                  weekend, no time during this week to play with this as I'm still trying to
                  get my guildex purchases past the domestic security authorities.

                  Richard Elton
                • rwalley@cix.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2000
                    So far as I am aware, those are the correct spellings for their respective
                    names.

                    Raymond
                  • Stephen Freeman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 5, 2000
                      Don't know about burnt toast, I was told it was Raymond's sausages! :-))

                      In message <0006800030373785000002L052*@MHS>, ray.bounsall.rb@australia.
                      agfa.com writes

                      >FAO Martin Long
                      >
                      >Martin,
                      >
                      >I, and I am sure others, appreciate you taking the time to overview the recent
                      >Guildex for us. Up until now my only knowledge of the show was that someone
                      >burnt the toast!. Maybe, If I try really hard, my imagination can take me to
                      >Guildex (he says, reaching for the toaster).
                      >
                      >The video sounds a good idea, I had thought to order it, but by the time I
                      >received my Gazette the 'special' of ordering last years and this years at a
                      >special bundled price had expired, so the rush was taken out of it.
                      >Incidentally, I thought it sad that the company advertising the video in the
                      >Gazette could not spell most of the names correctly of our learned brethren,
                      >such as Welch spelt Welsh, Reynalds spelt Reynolds if I recall. I hope they
                      >have the courtesy to correct it for the cover of the video.
                      >
                      >Now some brave soul suggested someone take a digital camera along to Guildex,
                      >can't recall who... sigh of relief from the party concerned....
                      >
                      >Regards,
                      >
                      >Ray

                      Stephen Freeman
                      Model Maker 7mm/4mm scales